Aquatic Therapy involves performing specific exercises and activities while in water, which allows for increased strength, coordination of muscle groups, reduction of swelling and enhanced nervous system feedback.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Aquatic therapy is good for patients of all ages regardless if the injury.
- The water offers constant resistance without bulky equipment and allows complete freedom of movement
- Water creates a zero gravity setting which is an excellent environment for those who can’t tolerate weight bearing activities.
- The heated water increases blood circulation and allows muscles to relax more easily.
- Aquatic therapy is also good for athletes looking to get back into competition as quickly as possible.
- One does not need to know how to swim to participate in aquatic therapy.
Aquatic therapy is a viable option for treating arthritic joints. The water helps to provide compression, which reduces swelling. In addition, the buoyancy of the water unloads the joint, allowing for greater range of motion without the weight of the body compressing joints together. Water resistance allows for use of numerous muscles groups around the affected joint, increasing strength and coordination of supporting muscles.
Walking and Strengthening
If you have trouble walking due to coordination or pain, aquatic therapy may be the solution for you. The ability to walk with less weight and resistance in the water can have significant improvements in one’s ability to walk. The resistance of the water strengthens a wide variety of muscles through the torso, pelvis and legs. The uniform resistance of the water also allows for unique feedback to the nervous system, improving coordination with walking. Contact us today at our Wayne, PA center to schedule your one on one consultation!
Conditions helped by aquatic therapy:
- Total joint rehabilitation
- Shoulder pain
- Low back pain
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Rehabilitation after injury
- Difficulty with walking
- Sports Medicine
Are You Ready to Live Pain-Free?
Start Feeling Better In As Few As 3 Visits
Detailed Assessment & Diagnosis
Tell us what hurts, and we will treat your pain in the shortest time possible. We use the latest clinical techniques to get you back to doing what you love… pain-free.
Personalized Therapy Plan
Get a personalized care plan so you can feel better in as few as 3 visits. We use advanced therapy techniques proven to ease pain, accelerate recovery, and improve mobility and overall health.
Quick Effective Treament
Get effective treatment for your condition in less than 30 minutes so you can get back to doing what you live... pain-free.
Scientifically Backed Therapy
Physiotherapy and chiropractic have been proven clinically to improve quality of life and decrease the development of chronic pain.
Treatments are covered by the most employer and auto insurance plans with minimal out-of-pocket fees. Pay very little to nothing for your recovery
Our team of therapists are professionals and experienced in human anatomy and biomechanics. You will get the perfect plan of care to target the root of your pain.